Article Review: Dental marketing - What’s my competition doing that I’m not?
- Choosing the right platform to promote your business on is key
- Instagram is currently the top social platform for engagement (one billion users per month)
- This year it is estimated there will be around 2.77 billion social media users
- Facebook might be the first place a potential patient may find your business but Instagram provides better ongoing engagement
- 43% of marketers believe pre-produced video is the most successful type of content for marketing purposes
- Storytelling is easier and faces are friendlier in a video
- The FOMO principle - “a pervasive apprehension that others might be having rewarding experiences from which one is absent.”
- Include FAQs in posts, with information that is easy to digest
- Listen as well as talk to the audience
So why Instagram?
- The home for visual storytelling
- There are 400 million people using Instagram Stories every day, and a third of the most viewed posts are from brands and businesses
- Easy to use platform
- 34% of Instagram users are millennials
- 22% of all Instagram users log in at least once a day
- 38% of users check Instagram multiple times a day
- 25% of smartphone owners use Instagram
This article has reinforced the importance of having a digital marketing plan including a content calendar. The article also stated that a well-designed and easy-to-navigate website is key. Finally, a social media presence that’s regularly nurtured and embraces the latest trends is important.
Read the full article here